Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I heart the Duggars!

So I'll just come out and say it. I love the Duggars! You know, the family with 19 kids... I love them! I want to go on record saying that they appear to me to be such a loving and faithful family. Every time I see the show, I am always impressed at how well behaved and well adjusted the kids seem to be. I love the fact that the whole family puts God first. Their love for the Lord is so evident in how they live their every day lives, and it is also obvious that the Lord has truly blessed this family, not only with children, but with inspiring others around the world.

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
~ Psalm 127:3 from NLT


What I can't understand is all the hate directed towards this family. Obviously having so many kids is not for everyone, but who are we as a society to dictate how many kids one can have? Those 19 kids seem much more "normal" than a heck of a lot of my high school students! There is so much judgement and negativity towards this family and it really isn't right. It is not our place to judge anyone.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."


So I say woohoo for the Duggars! I'm thankful there is a wholesome show to watch that is also fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I actually want to check out this show now. Thanks for your perspective. Funny how easily we reject something that is not familiar to us.